Aug 14, 2013

Eid outfits

First of I would like to say Eid Mubarak to my fellow Muslim bloggers and readers. It's the time of the month where we struggle to zip up our dresses and where we contemplate whether or not to bring every make up we own everywhere with us. And from what I've gathered from my instagram feed it looks like everyone is enjoying more than a good dose of kueh mors and beef rendang. So for this post I would like to share with you all what I've been wearing for the past few days of Eid:
For the 2nd day of Eid I finally pulled off my old prom blouse out of storage and paired it with a year old batik skirt. Since dark colours and Brunei's weather are hardly a good pairing, I've tossed a mustard shawl with blue lace details that works as the rose amongst the thorns for this outfit. 



I've been wearing this white Tous monogrammed bag on constant rotation with everything since the first day of Eid. Just like a certain Chanel flap bag, but for less than one fifth the price. 
I'm definitely packing away all the bold printed baju kurungs and swapping my burgundy lipstick for a light glow and pink cheeks, adding a pop of colour and pretending to be the girl in Sophia Coppola's perfume commercial.

Hope everyone is happy to be celebrating Eid once more with their loved ones because I am :-)

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Eid Mubarak to you too! and thank you :)

      Delete
  2. <3
    http://i-believe-my-dream.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfits, the bag is really lovely!

    http://sundaydesire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely outfits! especially the second one <3

    http://hellodida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :-) that would be my favourite outfit out of all

      Delete
  5. OF COURSE I WANT TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER!!

    IM FOLLOWING, ITS YOUR TURN ON
    www.memyheelsandi.com

    SHAN
    www.memyheelsandi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this post and seeing the different, colorful outfits you selected for Eid!

    ♡ veena | seveninchstilettos.com
    twitter/instagram: @veenamccoole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally in love with the skirt from the first pic!! love batik too dear :)
    But you look pretty in all three outfits! ♥

    thank you so much for your comment. sure. following you now :D
    need to ask you some question too if you don't mind :)

    http://www.stylecompetiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥♥ you're too sweet... thank you so much

      Delete
  8. I like the outfit you're wearing in second photo, pastel colours are my favourite :)

    xoxo
    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post sweetie!

    Followed :)

    Also, I wanted to personally invite you to enter my Midsummers Dream Giveaway!

    http://mash-elle.blogspot.ca/2013/08/a-mid-summers-dream-giveaway.html

    Xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfits! Just started following you on GFC! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I love love your reviews

      Delete
  11. very very nice <3

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria from
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice outfits :)


    maybe we could follow each toher?

    please let me know, i would be very happy :)

    hugs
    svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi :)
    of course i want to follow each other, i follow you now via gfc.
    would be happy if you follow then too!



    be-talented.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete